Thursday, June 22, 2006

Today is Ashley's birthday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



My sweet Granddaughter is ten years old today! My! How the time flies! I can remember as if it were yesterday - the day she was born. I was fortunate to be allowed to be there when she was born. I sat in a corner and watched while the nurses and the doctor assisted and Ken held Joy's hand. Discussion was held as to what name the baby would have if it were a girl. There were two choices (I don't remember the second). Joy said they would decide when they saw the baby and would know which name fit. When the baby came out, I was the first one to see her face and I heard (in my head) the word “Ashley!”

From that time on, we have been very, very close. She has been the light of my life, the joy in my heart. And now she is ten! How time flies! She has grown to be a lovely young lady and we are sure that she will continue to be such as she grows even older and wiser and more beautiful.

However, that is not taking away from my little one! Jessica is seven, soon to be eight. When she was born I was thinking … how can I love someone as much as I love Ashley? I should have known better, being a mother, but being a grandmother is another ball of wax. I cannot say which I love the best, as I love them both equally although they are so different. I was there at her birth, too, and have loved her from the moment I knew she was coming.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



On another note, on this auspicious day, my teenage pullets are really growing up, so I thought I’d post a picture of one of them .. they are so pretty and delicate yet so grown up looking.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


So, on this beautiful day, you have a beautiful day. And, again, Happy Birthday, Ashley!

2 comments:

happyowl said...

Your Granddaughters are beautiful. Please wish Ashley a "Happy Birthday" for me. Also, please let her know that according to my daughter, being 10 is the best year of all. LOL... she has been 10 since January.


Brightest blessings

Heather

Candy Duell said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! What a beautiful young lady! They are both as pretty as they can be. Just wait Grammy, she will be driving before you know it!