Monday, June 26, 2006

I have a baby butterfly!

I was weeding my herb garden (no, I’m not going loco .. I really CAN weed, once in a while!) … and found this on the underside of a milk weed.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Research – call Candy (I’m so glad she’s not long distance, but I hope I don’t bug her too much) .. she suggested Google.com Images, which I did. Also asked Carla and she agreed with my Google search – a Monarch!

Cool beans! I went out and put the little guy onto a live milkweed and vowed to not pull any milkweeds again – at least not until I check to see if there are any eggs underneath. Monarchs live only on milkweeds. And they don’t hurt anything – so there’s no reason why I can’t have them growing in my herb garden, right? If anyone says (and who would?), I would say they are Monarch nurseries (which they are).


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is not my photo - I got it off of Google.com

I’m excited on this beautiful day – you have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Green Fingers said...

I say milkweed counts as an herb. *wink*

Michelle
(who never weeds if she can help it)

Candy Duell said...

Oh I look every year, and dont ever find one! You can put it in a jar, and make sure it has fresh milkweed all the time, and you can see it turn into the beautiful Monarch . How lucky you are!

The Unusually Unsual Farmchick said...

That picture of the catepillar is so very pretty. Panda almost tripped running over to the computer when she saw it. She just adored the pic. You are very lucky indeed!
Tammie