Thursday, June 29, 2006

I am so ashamed of myself!

I got some new panties at Wal-Mart the other day (Fruit of the Loom). I read the label – made in Honduras! Not American made!

What to do? What to do?

Maybe I should make my own panties? No, wait!! The material is probably made in Mexico or something!

Weave the material? No, wait!! The cotton yarn is probably spun in a little shop in the Andes.

Spin my own cotton? No, wait!! The cotton fiber is probably grown in India!!

I’ve got it! Get one of my southern friends (are you listening, Grandma Rosie?) to send me some cotton seeds, grow my own cotton, harvest it, spin it, weave the material and then make my panties.

Then everything will be American made, right?

No, wait!! The spinning wheel was made in New Zealand! Guess I’ll have to purchase a new, American made spinning wheel. And I know exactly which one, too!

What a sacrifice for being totally American made! But a woman’s got to do what a woman’s got to do.

I think I’ll have to go sky-clad until I get the cotton seed, grow it, harvest it, spin it, weave it, sew it (thank goodness my sewing machine is an antique American made treadle!)…………

You have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HMMM, about those cotton seeds girlfriend. you better check with your local extension agent, I have a feeling cotton would not thrive in your part of the country. ^..^

Grandma Rosie said...

Forgot to sign that post!! But you problry guessed it is me!!